Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A big thank you but an important request too!!



My lovely flowers





G'day all,

What a big surprise last Friday to receive such a large bunch of flowers from you all! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! There were also some chocolates hiding in there too! I think they may have been from Stojan and Silvana so a big thanks for those too and the Mother's Day wishes as well. I trust that all you mums had a good day on Sunday. Perhaps you could put a little post on your blogs and let everyone know what your families did for you or what you did for your mothers! (Boys, you can write from the male point of view!) When is Mother's Day celebrated in your country? Is it as commercial as here in Australia? When was the first Mother's Day celebrated?

My knee is improving every day. I can now walk without crutches! I can't go up and down stairs easily and walking on uneven surfaces is hard for me too. I still have the brace and will have to wear it for another 4 weeks. I'm not driving yet but hope to try that after the weekend. I will be back at work on Monday week. So get ready!!!!!

Well the Health Expo was a huge success as usual thanks to the fantastic support of the AMEP students. A big thanks must go to Sally who had to do all the planning and organising of the AMEP classes on her own! I only had to make a few phone calls to arrange the wonderful prizes and the Paralympian's visit. I hope some of you won something! I'd like you to write a recount of the day in your blogs and to share photos if you can. I will correct and assess this recount as part of your writing portfolio so make sure you do it!!!!

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING IN CLASS THE PAST 3 WEEKS? I HAVE SEEN VERY LITTLE EVIDENCE FROM YOU (EXCEPT FOR 2 OR 3 STUDENTS!) THAT YOU ACTUALLY CAME TO CLASS AT ALL! SOME OF YOU HAVE NOT ADDED A POST TO YOUR BLOG SINCE MARCH. THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! MANY OF YOU WILL FAIL THE READING/LISTENING/WRITING COMPETENCIES OF YOUR COURSE AND THEREFORE YOU WILL NOT GET A CERTIFICATE BUT WILL HAVE TO REPEAT THIS COURSE AGAIN NEXT SEMESTER. HERE IS A LIST OF THE WORK I HAVE TO SEE ON THE BLOG OR IN MY HAND WHEN I RETURN ON MONDAY WEEK. NO EXTENSION WILL BE GIVEN.

Listening:Answer the questions on the podcast Patricia: Librarian. You can publish them in you blogs or hand them to me.

Reading: Complete the readings and worksheets from last week's post on health matters ( Better Health Obesity: Obesity & Better Health Skin Cancer: Skin Cancer)

Writing: summarise the articles you read and listened to in Time4English about Hot Chips cause Cancer (7J) and Take-Away Food Dangerous (7Y). Give your opinion.

Writing : Write your opinion about the topic Thin models.
Read about it in the Sydney Morning Herald and the ABC7news.

Writing : A recount of yesterday's Health Expo. (If you didn't go then you have to write a recount of what you did all day!)


No comments: