Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 1, Term 4

This is a well known Australian tourist attraction! What is it? Where is it? Have you ever visited it?
Post your answer in comments but don't spend too much time doing this part of the lesson!



G'day all and welcome back for term 4. Welcome too to our new students. We hope you enjoy your time here with us as you improve your English.
I'm still waiting for some of you to write your report and your recount about Bundeena. It forms part of your writing portfolio (a collection of written texts on various topics) for this course. Please finish this today!

Another thing to do today is to send me an email (Ask me for my address if you don't already know/have it) and tell me how you felt when you had to do your oral presentations last Monday. Talk about what the hardest thing was, how you felt and if you learnt anything from the experience.

Once you have completed these tasks, you can see me for the information sheet about the topic for your oral presentation. I will not give it to you until you have completed the other tasks!

Enjoy the class and work hard!!!




7 comments:

Wei ^_^ Yun said...

The Big Banana is an educational resource and home to a myriad of banana-based recreational and cuisine delights.
It is at Pacific Highway, 3 kms north of Coffs Harbour, NSW.
I never visited it.

Bora said...

The Big Banana is a tourist attraction in the city of Coffs Harbour, NSW and a large building in the shape of a banana. Built in 1964, it was the first of Australia's Big Things.

Vicky said...

Hi!Marion:

The picture in your blog is call BIG BANANA!And it is a tourist attraction in the city of Coffs Harbour, New South Wales which is a large building in the shape of a banana.I have not been there before, maybe someday I will go!

Artem said...

The Big Banana is most bizarre and grotesque tourist attraction in the world.

DETAILS: The Big Banana
Where: Pacific Highway, 3 kms north of Coffs Harbour, NSW
Contact: Phone: (02) 6652 4355
Website: www.bigbanana.com

emilia said...

The Big Banana in a funny family place with allot of things to enjoy for everyone.
It is at the Pacific Highway in Coff Harbour, NSW.
About me? It's the first time I see it but for scure I will go to visit one day.

Jocelyn said...

The Big Banana is a variety of food experience and several retail outlets. This 40 year old giant structure modeled on a prize winning banana is probably the most photographed object in Australia. And I hope I can go there to see or to research about this very interesting kind of fruit.

happy said...

The most famous landmark in Australia and coffs Harbour is the big banana.
It is 11 metres long 5 metres high and 2.4 metres wide.It is located just north of coffs Harbour on the pacific Highway,565 kilometers north of sydney and 450 kilometres south of Brisbane.
I have not ever visited it.But i would like to go there.