Thursday, June 14, 2007

Second last class!!


G'day all,

Well what terrible weather was experienced by Sydney and the Central coast last weekend! I'm sure you all saw the pictures of the floods and the terrible damage they did! It was very sad that so many people died in the bad conditions. Did you stay indoors or did you have to go out in the rain? I spent most of the weekend at the computer trying to finish work for my course and do some administration work for TAFE.

Great work last week on guessing correctly that the bird in the picture is a Rainbow Lorikeet and that the bush is a Grevellia. Of course you were correct too that the picure was taken by me in my backyard. Read Betty's comment in my post about a lorikeet. Where is the bird now, Betty?

It's hard to believe that the end of the semester is here. That means that for some of you it will be your last computer class and probably the last time you look at the blog! Remember, even when you leave this class you can still access this class and blogs! It would be good for your English to keep it up! You could write a journal of what's going on in your life and new course and keep us up to date. Remember too, you can always leave a comment in my blog to contact me or email. That is of course, if you want to stay in touch! Maybe you'll be happy to say goodbye!

I set some work last week on writing Resumes which I don't think anyone got to. Perhaps you could go back to that post and complete the work. When you finish, you can listen to Rosa's podcast with Katerina who used to work in the Multicultural Unit. As Rosa suggested to her class it may help you with course selection or future pathways. Print of the questions if you need to.

As we won't be here next Thursday, it's bye bye for a few weeks. Good luck to those who are leaving and thanks for being great students. I've really enjoyed teaching you all and I wish you all the best for the future.For those of you coming back for another semester, well I'll be seeing you soon and I look forward to a bigger and better Semester 2!

Take care and happy blogging!

No comments: